How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.