How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.