How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.